Looking for Philadelphia Eagles betting tips and predictions for the upcoming 2019/2020 season? Then you’ve come to the right place. The following Eagles Betting Guide will provide you with all the information required to make winning bets this season. Details include a full schedule of matchups, a list of betting markets and history of the franchise.
Best Eagles Predictions
Eagles Betting Picks of the Week
$500 Risk-Free Bet
#1 Sportsbook in NJ
iOS & Android Apps
Sign up at FanDuel Sportsbook today and receive a $500 risk-free bet! That means if your first bet loses, FanDuel will reimburse you – up to $500! If applicable, the Promotion Bonus will be credited to your sportsbook account within seventy two (72) hours of expiration of the Promotion Period. Bet with your head, not over it! Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
The Eagles come off a 9-7 record last season, barely making it into the final Wild Card spot in the NFC. The team underwent a number of changes in the offseason but was able to hang on to Darren Sproles and Nigel Bradham. If the team stays healthy in the QB position, expect another deep run into the playoffs.
A number of Philadelphia Eagles betting markets are available each NFL season. Betting types include:
- Moneylines – Moneylines are straight bets on which team will win out of a specific matchup.
- Point Spreads – Spreads attempt to even out matchups by giving the underdogs a certain number of points. Betting against the spread refers to wagering on the underdog to lose by less than the points awarded. While covering the spread refers to bets made on favorites to win by the awarded points.
- Prop Bets – Proposition wagers are made on occurrences which do not directly affect the final outcome of the games. For example, you might be able to wager on the number of yards a Running Back runs for.
- Over/Under – Over-under bets allow you to predict the total points of a football game. The bookmaker first sets a number for the total points. You will then have the chance to bet on whether the actual total will be over or under the given number.
- Outrights – Outright wagers refer to bets made on the overall winner of the Super Bowl or Conference Titles. Even now, prior to the start of the season, outrights are available at most online bookmakers.
The team kicks off its season against the Redskins on the 8th of September before heading out to Atlanta for Week 2.
|1||Sept 8||1:00 p.m.||Washington Redskins|
|2||Sept 15||8:20 p.m.||at Atlanta Falcons|
|3||Sept 22||1:00 p.m.||Detroit Lions|
|4||Sept 26||8:20 p.m.||at Green Bay Packers|
|5||Oct 6||1:00 p.m.||New York Jets|
|6||Oct 13||1:00 p.m.||at Minnesota Vikings|
|7||Oct 20||8:20 p.m.||at Dallas Cowboys|
|8||Oct 27||1:00 p.m.||at Buffalo Bills|
|9||Nov 3||1:00 p.m.||Chicago Bears|
|11||Nov 17||4:25 p.m.||New England Patriots|
|12||Nov 24||8:20 p.m.||Seattle Seahawks|
|13||Dec 1||1:00 p.m.||at Miami Dolphins|
|14||Dec 8||8:15 p.m.||New York Giants|
|15||Dc 15||1:00 p.m.||at Washington Redskins|
|16||Dec 22||4:25 p.m.||Dallas Cowboys|
|17||Dec 29||1:00 p.m.||at New York Giants|
*Starting at Week 9, kickoff time is displayed in EST.
History of the Eagles
The Eagles have been in the NFC East since 1970 along with the Cowboys, Giants and Redskins. Considered one of the most consistent teams in the league, the Eagles have made the playoffs 26 times, 12 times since 2000.
The team plays at the Lincoln Financial Field and is headquartered in the NovaCare Complex in Philadelphia. Attendance records rank amongst the highest in the NFL, selling out every single game since 1999.
The team was created in 1933 as a replacement for the bankrupt Frankford Yellow Jackets. The rights to an NFL franchise in Philadelphia were secured by a group led by Bert Bell.
As with most teams entering a new league, the Eagles weren’t very competitive for their first decade. It wasn’t until the late 40’s that the team made a championship game, winning in both 1948 and 1949. The team was led by legendary halfback Steve Van Buren.
The team won their only Super Bowl LII in 2017, beating the New England Patriots 41-33. Nick Foles took down the Super Bowl MVP for his exceptional performance in the quarterback position.
Most Famous Players
The Eagles franchise has produced many Hall of Fame players and coaches over the years, many of which are considered the greatest to ever play. Some of the most notable names include:
- Steve Van Buren – Hall Of Fame Halfback
- Pete Pihos – Hall Of Fame Defensive End
- Tommy McDonald – Hall Of Fame Wide Receiver
- Reggie White – Hall Of Fame Defensive End
- Brian Dawkins – Hall Of Fame Safety