This quick overview will give you the shortcut to, who would be considered to be the top NFL draft picks for the upcoming 2020 NFL draft. The 2020 NFL draft will take place on April 23-25 in Las Vegas, Nevada. We will help you find the best NFL draft odds across all sportsbooks, as well as who will be the NFL draft betting favorite to go first, and who could have the best NFL draft betting odds as the sweet and juicy value bet. While we can help you find the best odds, we can also disclose that the NFL draft will be shown on ESPN, ESPN2, the NFL network, and ABC. And it will be live from 8 PM ET.
$500 Risk-Free Bet
iOS & Android Apps
Sign up at FanDuel Sportsbook today and receive a $500 risk-free bet! That means if your first bet loses, FanDuel will reimburse you – up to $500! If applicable, the Promotion Bonus will be credited to your sportsbook account within seventy two (72) hours of expiration of the Promotion Period. Bet with your head, not over it! Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
Top 10 NFL Prospects in 2020
Here’s a short walkthrough of the top 10 NFL prospects in 2020. All 10 have declared their entry to the 2020 NFL draft. All 10 are considered the top NFL draft picks, and you can count on all 10 players to be picked in the top half of the draft. If not, some NFL teams will be lucky to snatch a gem later on in the draft:
Odds are subject to change
10. Andrew Thomas, Georgia, OL: A unanimous All-American in 2019, and enters the draft as potentially the first offensive lineman to go pro. Thomas is one of the safer picks at the top of the NFL draft. Andrew Thomas was an All-American all three years in college and will help any NFL QB stay standing for many years to come.
9. Jedrick Wills Jr., Alabama, OL: Jedrick Wills Jr. is a high risk – high reward lineman. He lacks consistency, but his highs are considered amazing, and he does everything well. If he can perform more consistently of what we’ve seen so far in the NCAA. Jedrick will be a stalwart in the line for the next decade.
8. CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma, WR: CeeDee is considered the nation’s top WR prospect, but didn’t win the Biletnikoff award in 2019. He approaches the game with a great work ethic, but also works on being a positive influence on his teammates. So CeeDee aims to lift the spirit in the locker room.
7. Javon Kinlaw, South Carolina, DL: Another interior defensive lineman makes this top 10, and his name is Javon Kinlaw, South Carolina. He can enter any team and make an instant positive impact on the NFL level. Closing rushing gaps in the middle of the trenches, Javon could also brute force himself through the middle to collapse the offensive line and add pressure to opposing QBs.
6. Derrick Brown, Auburn, DL: Derrick Brown is considered the best interior defensive lineman in the draft. Derrick joined Auburn in 2016 as the 9th ranked high school prospect in the nation, and he tops his college career as the best defensive tackle going into the 2020 NFL draft. He will be able to close the A and B gaps from day 1 in the NFL.
5. Isaiah Simmons, Clemson, LB: With a winning mentality, Isaiah led the Clemson Tigers to a CFP championship in 2018 over the Alabama Crimson Tide. Anchoring the defense, Simmons had a hand in shutting out Alabama in the entire second half of the championship game. Simmons enters the 2020 NFL draft as the top linebacker prospect.
4. Jeff Okudah, Ohio St., CB: After another great season, Jeff Okudah enters the 2020 NFL draft as the top CB prospect. He could anchor the entire sideline for years to come, and proven himself as he was named unanimous first team All-American.
3. Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama, QB: Tua was previously considered the best QB in the 2020 NFL draft. He dropped down from being one of the top NFL draft picks due to injury, but has now slowly resurfaced himself again amongst the betting favorites to get picked in the top 3. His injury woes could see Tua fall down the 1st round, so there’s potentially a lot to gain for NFL teams looking for a new QB later on the draft.
2. Joe Burrow, LSU, QB: After winning the 2020 National Championship Game with LSU Tigers, Joe Burrow has solidified himself as a top pick in the 2020 NFL draft, and he is considered the betting favorite to go 1st overall to the Cincinnati Bengals. He had one of the best college QB seasons ever, and took the world by storm – by winning the national championship.
1. Chase Young, Ohio State, EDGE: Most likely considered the consensus best player in the draft, and perhaps the only blue chip player in the draft. Chase won pretty much every award possible a defensive player could win – bar the Heisman trophy. Chase Young is considered the safest pick to make in the draft. A defensive wrecking machine for next decade or so.
Best NFL Draft Bookmakers
|Bet on NFL Draft||Current Promotion||Promo Code|
|FanDuel||$500 Risk-Free first bet||Reveal Code >>|
|DraftKings||20% Deposit match up to $500 + $200 risk-free bet||Reveal Code >>|
|SugarHouse||1st Deposit matched up to $250||Use Code: MAXSPORT|
|BetRivers PA||1st Deposit matched up to $250||Use Code: |
|BetRivers IN||1st Deposit matched up to $250||Use Code: 250Match|
|PointsBet||2 Risk-Free Bets Up To $200||Use Code: MAXBONUS|
|BetMGM||$100 in Free Bets||Use Code: |
|Unibet||$20 FREE + $250 Risk-Free Bet||No Code, Use Links >> Unibet NJ / Unibet PA|
|bet365||Up to $100 in Bet Credits||Use Code: NJMAX|
|Last Updated:||April 2020|
How the NFL Draft Odds Work
The NFL draft betting odds are put in the +/- category. This is also known as the moneyline odds (in comparison to fractional or decimal odds). Meaning that to make $100 on Joe Burrows being selected 1st overall in the NFL draft. One would have to put $2200 bet on Joe Burrows to make $100 profit. Odds set in the minus category are all considered the favorites. Conversely, NFL draft betting odds in plus are all considered underdogs. Meaning that across most sportsbooks, Joe Burrows is the clear favorite to be picked at the top spot among all the top NFL draft picks.
So to make some change through the NFL draft, it’s clear that the safest is to bet on Joe Burrows. But if you want to take a chance on someone else, Chase Young gives you a solid $1700 profit on a $100 bet. So if you have to bet on NFL draft, Chase Young could be a nice player to take a chance on.
The table below will give a short preview of how odds are set on players to be picked 1st overall in the upcoming 2020 NFL draft:
|Player||Fanduel||FOX Bet NJ||FOX Bet PA|
How the NFL Draft Works
The NFL draft works as the team, with the worst record in the league, will pick first in the draft. In this year’s case, it will be the Cincinnati Bengals. They finished with a league worst record (2-14). And the draft order will be determined from worst to best. Where the best team record will be the Super Bowl champions, who will always pick last in each round of the draft.
Each eligible football player must have been out of high school for a minimum of 3 years. Some players may be excused for this condition, but it’s very rare. All eligible football players have a chance to prove NFL teams to pick them during the NFL Scouting Combine or at their school’s pro day.
The NFL draft consists of 7 rounds. With each team having 7 picks, they can utilize as they wish. NFL teams will have a chance to receive supplemental picks to fill out their main and practice squads.
During the draft, each team has a time limit to pick their desired player to their team. In the first round, each team has 10 minutes to be “on the clock” and make a decision on who to draft onto their team. In the second round each team has 7 minutes. 5 minutes per pick in rounds 3 to 6, and only 4 minutes in the 7th round.
All teams have representatives attending the draft event and will be able to keep in touch with their headquarters to listen to potential offers or debate who to pick.
How to Bet on the NFL Draft
You can bet on NFL draft through multiple sportsbooks, which Football Betting will give you an easy overview of. There’s a number of wagers you could make, so you just have to find the sportsbooks, who gives the best NFL draft betting odds on the player you personally like!
You can wager in a number of ways. Either the entire draft selection for the 1st round of the NFL draft. You can bet on when a specific player is picked. How many QBs are taken in the 1st round? Who will be the first defensive player picked, and so much more. All you need to do – is to find the NFL betting odds that you like on your favorite player among the top NFL draft picks.
So make your pick for the 1st overall draft – most likely going to the Cincinnati Bengals. Will they pick their franchise QB in Joe Burrows? Or will they take the safe pick in Chase Young? Tune in on April 23rd.